Welcome to the Oakland Community Preparedness & Response Web site!
Note: All scheduled OCP&R workshops have been cancelled per recommendations from the Alameda County Public Health Department. Workshops will be rescheduled as soon as it is deemed safe to hold public gatherings.
Oakland Community Preparedness & Response is an offering of the Oakland Firesafe Council, an Oakland, California non-profit dedicated to mobilizing communities to reduce the risks of wildfire danger to people and property through outreach, programs, and projects.
The Oakland Community Preparedness & Response program provides awareness, educational workshops, materials and support to help increase the overall community preparedness level and to improve disaster response capabilities for residents of Oakland.
The 1 hour Oakland Community Preparedness & Response workshop is intended to educate residents on emergency preparedness steps including:
- Creating and sustaining organized neighborhoods
- Establishing Firewise USA certified neighborhoods for wildfire safety
- Developing evacuation plans
- Hardening homes against wildfire and earthquake threats
- Preparing for and responding to Public Safety Power Shutoffs
- Understanding emergency notifications and warnings
- Recovering from a disaster
For more information on the Oakland Community Preparedness & Response program, please fill out the form under Contact Us.