Welcome to the Oakland Community Preparedness & Response Program!
This new guide by Dr. Robert Sieben, “The Changing Paradigm of Wildfire Prevention”, provides critical information on preventing home fires and wildfires.
Now is the time to organize your neighborhood so that neighbors can better help each other during Shelter-in-Place restrictions! Tips for organizing (or re-organizing) your neighborhood during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic are available in this guide.
The Oakland Community Preparedness & Response (OCP&R) program is an offering of the Oakland Firesafe Council, an Oakland, California non-profit dedicated to mobilizing communities to reduce the risks of disasters to people and property through outreach, programs, and projects.
The OCP&R program provides awareness, educational workshops, detailed Guides and support to help increase the overall community preparedness level and to improve disaster response capabilities for residents of Oakland.
OCP&R is intended to educate residents on emergency preparedness steps including:
- Creating and sustaining organized neighborhoods
- Understanding emergency alerts and notifications
- Developing evacuation plans
- Preparing for and responding to Public Safety Power Shutoffs
- Hardening homes against wildfire and earthquake threats
- Establishing Firewise USA certified neighborhoods for wildfire safety
- Recovering from a disaster
For any questions regarding the Oakland Community Preparedness & Response program, please fill out the form under Contact Us.